Expressing and Refusing Invitation/ Offer

Inviting People
  • Do you feel like going to a concert?
  • What about going to a party?
  • How about having dinner together?
  • Would you like to come to my birthday party?
  • I was wondering if you’d like to go to shopping together.
  • Do you want to have lunch together?
  • Would you like to have a drink after school?
  • Aren’t you interested?


Accepting an invitation
  • Oh, that is a brilliant idea.
  • Sure, why not?
  • That’s a good/ great idea.
  • OK
  • Fine
  • I’d love to.
  • Great.
  • That sounds good.
  • That would be fine.
  • Yes, I’d really like to.


Declining Invitation
  • I’m really sorry. I have to help my mother.
  • I’m afraid I can’t.
  • Oh, I’d love to, but I don’t think I can.
  • I’m terribly sorry I can’t. Perhaps next time.


Example Dialog:


Susan : Hallo

Michael : Hi, Susan, It’s me, Michael.

Susan : Oh, hi Michael. How are you going?

Michael : Well, not bad. Are doing anything Sunday morning?

Susan : No, nothing special. Why?

Michael : Umm… do you feel like going to a concert?

Susan : Oh, that’s sounds like good.

Michael : Great. What about having a pizza first?

Susan : Sure, why not? Where do you want to meet?

Michael : Why don’t I pick you up at your house?

Susan : OK, what time?

Michael : is eight o’clock OK?

Susan : Fine. Well, see you then.

Michael : Alright. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment