How to Making an Appointment

We can use the expression below to arrange an appointment:

- I’d like to speak to…, please.

- I’d like to get an appointment.

- I’d like to ask for…

- I’d like to make an appointment.

- I’d like to arrange an appointment.


To cancel an appointment, we can say:

- We had an appointment this evening, but I’m afraid I have to cancel it.

- I can not keep the appointment.

- I’m sorry; I won’t be able to keep the appointment.

- I have to break the appointment.

- I have to change the appointment.


If we are in doubt whether we can keep the appointment or not, we usually use a conditional sentence.

- If it rains, we will stay home.


The world conditional is also sometimes used as a name for verb forms constructed with the auxiliary verb should/would (and sometimes could and might)

- It would be nice if she would stop talking for a little bit.


Example:


Teacher : Hello. This is SMA Melati. Good Morning.

Mr. Budi : Good Morning, Budi Speaking here, I’d like to make an appointment to see the principal tomorrow at ten o’clock.

Teacher : I’m sorry, Sir, but he is busy this week. What about net Monday?

Mr. Budi : I see. What date is next Monday?

Teacher : it’s the seventeenth, Sir.

Mr. Budi : May I see him on Saturday the fifteenth?

Teacher : He’ll have a meeting on Saturday, Sir. Butt, if there’s a cancellation of his previous appointment, you may be able to see him sooner. So, would you mind giving your name and telephone number, Sir? We’ll ring you if there’s a cancellation in his schedule.

Mr. Budi : Yes, My name is Budi and telephone number is 213449545

Teacher : Thank you, Sir. May we know what the nature of your business, Sir?

Mr. Budi : Well, I’d like to discuss my daughter, Nina.

Teacher : Thank you, Sir. So, your appointment will be on Monday the seventeenth at 10 o’clock, `Sir.

Mr. Budi : All right. Thank you very much. Good bye.

Teacher : Good bye, Sir. Thanks for calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment